Monday, May 24, 2010

5/24/10 AM Hill Workout, 10.25 Miles

10.25 Miles
1:12:04
7:02 avg
Workout: 16xhills on Cloverleaf

I ran this morning, hoping to get the week started in the right way, easy miles, then work the hills. Mike, a fellow Kenyan Way-er who lives in my complex, joined me @ 6AM to head out. We looped the bayou, then headed to the base of the Cloverleaf, which was right at 5 miles into the run. (I'm not sure why I capitalize Cloverleaf).

Mike ran 12 w/me, then took a break for 3 of them, and ran the last with me. I focused on being steady...not hammering, for sure. After that, ran easy up AP to Shepherd, then back to the walking bridge, over and back home. Great run, and i was really glad to have a buddy running with me. Even better, and somewhat unexpected, to have run w/me the whole time, with the exception of 3 hill repeats.

It definitely showed on my legs that I hadn't done hills in 2 weeks, as my quads and hips were working, and I could feel the effects. It was all good, though. It's strange, but a run like this makes me really look forward to the evenings run. It sort of takes the pressure off and I feel I can run as easy as I can/want, as I've already gotten the work in for the day. Tonight is just about mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment