Monday, May 3, 2010

5/2/10 Recovery Run, 9 Miles, Week's Training Plan

9 Miles
1:04:54
7:12 avg

I feel quite certain this was a longer than 9 mile run, but no Garmin, so I can only go on estimates. Just planned on a trip to Memorial Park, for a maximum of 10 miles. As I made it around 3.5 miles and got to the stretching area, I stopped to talk to a few friends, Carlo, Brett, Tom and Gerardo before starting back up and running a loop with Bill. It was good to chat w/Bill for a bit, as he's getting himself back into the kind of running form we've gotten used to seeing. No workouts yet, but getting the mileage back up.

After the loop with Bill, I headed back down Memorial and back to the apartment. Surprisingly on the 2nd half of the run, I felt a good amount of "spring" in my legs. I knew I couldn't hammer it, but I felt like I moved with little effort. Good feeling. Some core and upper body work and good stretching. I feel pretty fortunate and very thankful that no strange, or familiar, pains have made their presence known to any significant degree in the last 2 months. It's truly a blessing and something I don't ignore in it's importance.

---------------------------------------------------

This Week's Plan:

I plan on 8-9 miles a day this week, on one run a day (planning them all for the morning, but that may not be the case each day). Yesterday completed my 3rd straight 90+ mile week (94, 101, 112), so while my legs felt pretty good during and after my run today, I definitely need to give them a down week. Saturday, I race my first 5k in 2010, and the first since the Heights Run last June. It's been a while since then, and things are considerably different. I have my opening mile strategy, but honestly, it doesn't go beyond that. I'm in uncharted territory here, not just physically but mentally. The workout performance on Thursday morning was not expected...but as I look at what I've been doing, I'm understanding a little where it came from. So, Saturday will be an experiment of sorts, and will hopefully give a good indication of where I'm at in my fitness and speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment