Monday, May 3, 2010

5/3/10 PM Easy Run, 9.35 Miles

9.35 Miles
1:03:36
6:48 avg

Just a loop of Memorial, then added a couple of miles to my 7.35 mile route. Had to stretch the Achilles on both legs, because, as expected, with only one run yesterday and one run today, they were aching. Something about doing a morning and evening run, perhaps, is keeping them from getting tight and problematic.

The biggest thing along the run was a chat w/coach, discussing racing plans. Just as I'd written last night about shooting for 1 marathon, and having only the Houston Marathon between now and next October's Chicago, that is not the smartest plan. So, we discussed looking for a fall marathon between now and training for Houston. Chicago is full, but there are definitely others. I'll be doing some research over the next few days to get some ideas for where to race and win. Between now and then, I'll also look into a Half Marathon or two...some different races to really start training my legs to go fast for a long time. Very important for what I'm trying to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------

One other thing, discussed over Freebirds with a friend was the need to make a podiatrist visit and a regular doctor visit. It is about that time I get myself a physical, as well as get someone additional attention to my Achilles and my left foot... got some crazy stuff going on with my left big toe. :P Grossssss. No details. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment