Sunday, May 2, 2010

5/1/10 Long Run, 20 Miles

20 Miles
2:17:54
6:53 avg
58:47 - first 8 miles, 7:20 avg
112 for the Week

This run had to start earlier than a normal Saturday long run, as I had my daughter's soccer game to coach @ 9am. So, I met Jace @ 5:30 at normal Kenyan Way base on Jackson Hill, and off we went. We chatted training and such as we headed down Blossom to Memorial Park, with a stop at the Tennis Center for water. We continued on and prepared to leave the park, when Jace had to break off as he was having some issues this morning. We were discussing his sub-3 hour Boston performance (way to go Jace) when this came up, so we parted ways, and off I went down Memorial, over the new bridge, onto Woodway, a right on Sage, a left at the last street and all the way to the end and back. I turned around, made my way back to the park, and needed 4 extra miles @ the park to get the full 20.

I ran 3 hard miles back in the park around 13 miles in when I came upon some military folks doing a 3-mile time trial. Dumb to have run the way I did, but it was fun. :P I felt like I struggled the last 4 miles to make it back to my place, but all turned out alright.

Overall, a great 20-miler that I feel really good about. And the best part is that after this is a light week as I prepare to race next Saturday at the Pear Run 5k at Independence Park in Pearland.

-------------------------------------------------------------

This was followed by a day of no rest... running around as referee and coach at my daughter's soccer game (which the team kicked butt at...yeah, we aren't supposed to keep score, but they do), then spending 6 hours at a company function @ Sam Houston Race Park for my mom's job. It was great, but we did a TON of walking around there, up and down stairs and all. Then, as the final race of the day ended, we watched the Kentucky Derby. Was a pretty cool atmosphere to watch the Derby there. Just an awesome day that left me completely wiped out. WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment