Friday, May 14, 2010

5/14/10 No Run

I decided yesterday that no run would happen today, and I pretty much feel like it's the right call. My legs were just wasted yesterday, so there wasn't too much to figure out.

I did 30-minutes of core and upper body work...no weights yet. I will add that in over the next couple/few weeks, as my training and my workouts get more intense.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm having thoughts about what to do for my fall marathon. There is Twin Cities, which coach and I have both talked about doing. I need to decide and get signed up soon for that one.

However, a Facebook friend of mine in FL who is running Chicago has been suggesting trying to run there. When I asked how that would be possible, given Chicago is full, he told me a sub-1:11 half before 9/1 would get me in. His thoughts were there is a bigger sub-2:30 crowd there, and bigger fan support, even though he did say TC was a great course and race as well.

So, now I'm divided on what to do. Fortunately, they are only 7 days apart, so training for one is nearly identical to training for the other, timing-wise. What to do, what to do.

1 comment:

  1. Heres my thoughts. But what if you dont get the 1:11 for entrance into Chicago? Then you're screwed for a fall marathon because Twin Cities WILL sell out and soon too.

    If I were you, do Twin Cities. Do it with Coach. You dont need the crowd support to get this done. Sign up already. :p

    CE. FH. CL.

    JunieB

    ReplyDelete