Saturday, May 22, 2010

Next Week's Training Plan

The 20-miler today saved me, big time. It almost seemed, even though I didn't want to say it out loud, that I might have altered my plan for this week had I broken down and come apart during this run. A successful 20 though, feeling like I did at the end really brings me back to the right place, mentally.

Sunday - 16-17 easy (1-run)
Monday - 16-17 w/hills (AM-hills, PM-easy)
Tuesday - 16-17 easy (AM & PM)
Wednesday - 8 easy (AM only)
Thursday - 13 w/7-mile tempo (AM only)
Friday - 16-17 easy (AM & PM)
Saturday - 20 easy (AM only)

Total for the week - 105-110

I really need to follow this morning's run with another easy, 2-hr effort. Nothing to tax the legs, just get the miles. Monday morning, I'll hit the hills for 16 reps on the cloverleaf, and follow that up with 7-8 in the evening easy. Tuesday and Wednesday are critical as I really need to run both of those the same way I ran today...focus on recovery and just getting mileage. Thursday, regardless of conditions, needs to happen. As Sean told me, I need to make sure I come with all the bullets in my gun. Friday's run will be driven somewhat by Thursday's effort. If I can get it done the right way on Thursday, I'll be ready to run the way I should on Friday... mileage day, easy with no pain. After Saturday's long run begins a lighter mileage week, but I'll save that for the 2nd half of the week, as I plan to race again the first weekend in June. I have Heights on my calendar, but that could change. I'm leaving myself the option of training another higher mileage week, and looking for something the 2nd weekend in June. Not sure.

2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed by all of your running. Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. I appreciate you dropping in and reading and commenting from time to time. Input is always welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete