Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5/19/10 PM Easy Run, 7.35 Miles, 14.7 Miles for the Day

7.35 Miles
51:01
6:56 avg
57 Miles for the Week

Nice easy run. I really wanted to take this easier than I did. I got going and just cruised. I started out at 7:00 pace, but once I got into the park, I circled it at about 6:30-6:40 pace, which was NOT what I needed, and my body told me as much when my Achilles were fatigued by the final mile. I had slowed considerably, and made the final 2-miles home at about 7:11 pace. Not the way an easy run should go. It should be even, or steadily increasing pace. I stretched really well before getting in the shower. Now the feed the tummy and muscles. A little frustrated with the run, but I'm all good.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's workout. I'm going in, expecting no one to show, but hoping that at least Bill and Sean are there. Those are two guys that are just way ahead of me in race times, and probably even now, in fitness. They are both doing 6-miles, so it's kinda strange that when running with guys that have always been better runners than me, their workout will end, and I'll still have another mile to go @ tempo pace. Kind of a cool feeling, honestly, although I have a feeling when it comes down to it, they are gonna go w/me. Maybe I'm wrong, but just a hunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment