Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4/14/10 AM Easy Run, 8.25 Miles

8.25 Miles
59:13
7:10 avg
7:54, 7:24, 7:22, 7:01, 6:59, 6:56, 6:58, 6:50

Ran this morning with Mike, a fellow Kenyan Way-er. I don't know his last name, but have only run with him on Saturdays before. He's a good runner, and I believe ran something like a 2:43 or 2:44 Marathon back in January. Good stuff.

I started my run and ran the 2.5 miles to the Tennis Center down Blossom. Did some stretching and such until Mike arrived, then we headed out for a loop, back to the tennis center for a quick drink of water, then headed back to Memorial Dr, back down to the apartments, as we happen to live in the same complex...who knew?

Good run, no pains, no discomfort, not even feelings of fatigue. Still not going to get any workouts done till Monday. I'm going to try to start ramping back up the mileage, by getting an evening run in, one long run tomorrow (hopefully), two on Friday, 20 on Saturday, and 15-18 on Sunday. Then, Hills on Monday morning. We'll see how the body holds up, as I push mid-high 90's for a 7-day period, THEN do hills. By the end of next week, I'll have some good indicators of how my body responds to high mileage, plus workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment