Tuesday, April 27, 2010

4/27/10 Easy AM Recovery Run, 8.15 Miles

8.15 Miles
1:00:26
7:24 avg

I woke up with a quote on my mind from the movie Saint Ralph: "Especially when the legs ache, putting in the miles is essential to improvement."

My body was really not feeling it this morning, so I set the alarm for an extra 45 minutes of sleep, and I think it helped. I was still tired when I got up, but there was just this feeling that in order to be taken seriously, to take mySELF seriously, about what I'm doing and what I'm trying to do, the miles needed to be done this morning, especially with how I felt.

First 2 miles were tough, as I averaged about 8-minute pace, but as I got into Memorial Park, the legs loosened up and I felt really good. Long and short, great run, good stretching, especially of the calves and Achilles after, and I feel like a million bucks... well, at least a thousand. :P

1 comment:

  1. A thousand bucks is good too. Maybe tomorrow I will feel like that much; today though, not so much. More like a nickel. :o)

    JunieB

    ReplyDelete