Saturday, April 24, 2010

4/24/10 AM Easy Run, 12 Miles

12 Miles
1:25:00
7:04 avg

After the workout yesterday, Coach suggested that I do NOT run 20-miles the day after a workout like that, so I was just fine with that. I was able to relax a little when I slept. I was concerned earlier in the day, hoping I'd get enough rest for 20, so it felt like a mental break.

Four of us ran out...John, Nick and Claudio...down Heights to 20th and back to base, then did a loop of the bayou. Felt good running easy then dropping the pace and bringing it home strong.

I can honestly say there is a certain excitement and additional motivation that comes along with having a week's total over 100 miles, and knowing that more is coming. This week should be another heavy week, followed by a down week after. Legs and body still feeling good. Keeping close tabs on it all, but so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment