Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/25/10 Easy Run, 16 Miles

16 Miles
1:50:00
6:52 avg

100 miles/last 7 days

After a few beers with some friends and being up a little late, I really didn't know how good I'd feel this morning for a 16 mile "recovery" run. But, lo and behold, all proceeded just fine. Got out the door a little before 10 AM, and really enjoyed this amazing weather. The dryness, though, definitely created a few other challenges. Of course, this could have been partially slight dehydration, but man it felt like I was sandy the whole run. I didn't notice salt patches or anything on my body, just a little on my arm, but it was a weird dry feeling the whole run. That will happen in 25% humidity, I guess. :-)

Because I think the route is just shy of 16 miles, I went ahead and added a little when I got back to my place, as this was the same route I did last Sunday. Still, I'm not fully convinced I went a full 16. I mean, I know I was moving well, but 6:52 just seems a little faster than what I would have been doing. Oh well. I'll just be left guessing till I replace the Garmin.

No comments:

Post a Comment