Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/18/10 - 16 Mile Easy Run

16 Miles
1:49:23
55:50 out, 53:33 back
6:50 avg

Garmin is just about dead, so just used a KW 16-mile route with my regular stop watch.

Nice run... wasn't really sure how much I'd do this morning, as I had originally planned on 2 runs. But, as I got going, my legs felt pretty good, and I just kinda got to feeling the sheer joy of running on back to back days distances most that I know would only do once a week, or every other week. It felt like "elite" training to get 16 miles in the day after a 20 mile run. I liked it a lot. Especially when I thought about the last 3 days hitting 51 miles. So, onward I ran from my place, to the park, long way around the park, down Memorial, then Woodway to Sage, right on Sage, left at the end of the road and ran till it dead-ended, which was right at 8 miles. Then turned and headed back. Felt good the whole way through. I definitely negative split the run, but made sure not to really "hammer" it. Just cruised @ what my body felt like it could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment