Monday, April 26, 2010

4/26/10 AM Easy Run, 8.15 Miles

8.15 Miles
59:10
7:15 avg

Just an easy run to and loop of the park. Hill repeats are on the schedule for today, and I originally wanted to do them this morning, but that would have required a loop of the bayou and include the hills there, and my legs were not feeling that today. They started heavy, as was indicated by my 16:00 to get to the water fountain @ Crestwood and Memorial....exactly 2-miles from my place. I knew I'd made the right call to postpone hills to the afternoon.

No strain or pain or anything on the hamstrings, Achilles or calves, although I felt a little unexpected "discomfort" in my right knee. Nothing major, almost hardly worth mentioning, but just a presence. This is the second time I've felt that in the last 3 days. Worth monitoring, and definitely worth bringing up to Coach Sean should I feel it again this afternoon or in the next couple of days.

One side note...stepped on a scale Sunday morning, and let's just say I was thoroughly surprised at what I saw. I mean, I know I've lost weight, and all my clothes fit me big...but I don't think I was prepared to actually see the number on the scale. I'm still not at the "2-lbs per inch of height" that elite level athletes run at, but I'm headed that direction, and I'm at a weight I hadn't been since perhaps freshman or sophomore year of HS. And, not that I have a whole world of readers, but before any concern gets raised, or head shaking takes place, for those who have hung out with me and had a meal with me, you know there is little to be concerned with on the "I hope you're eating" front.

No comments:

Post a Comment