Monday, April 26, 2010

4/26/10 PM Hill Workout, 8.5 Miles, 16.65 Miles for the Day

8.5 Miles
1:02:12
7:05 avg
Workout:
16xHill Repeats

I'm having trouble determining how far I actually went. I did a full loop of the bayou from my apartment, which comes out to roughly 5.2 Miles, but then add in what I did on the hills, and you have to add in over 25 minutes of running off the normal course, which I have to think is over 3.5 miles, as the hill repeats were done at a pretty good pace. Not hammering by any stretch, and I wouldn't even call it hard efforts. Either way, it was somewhere between 8.5 and 9 miles for the day.

I felt good throughout the run, despite having a very tired body today. My legs were not 100%, so the efforts uphill were extremely important to stay smooth, not "press", and just cruise on through them. I gradually increased the effort with each passing rep. The last 4, I tried to treat it like the end of a race...not hammering, but holding form, pushing, staying smooth, and driving my legs. The effort was definitely good, and I think I got out of it what I was supposed to.

I'm tired enough that it has me contemplating taking the morning off. I have one more workout ahead this week... a 6-mile tempo run @ 5:25-5:30. If I can make it through that, it will be easy on the legs through till the end of next week. Now, it's off to dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment