Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4/7/10 Easy Run, 10.48 Miles

10.48 Miles
1:09:08
6:35 avg
7:18, 6:58, 6:50, 6:43, 6:41, 6:02, 5:36, 5:38, 6:51, 6:58

First off, my 2nd run yesterday got eliminated for an identical reason as the prior week... just worked late, then had to get my butt to a 7-8pm appt, then head down to Clear Lake for more Soccer Coach stuff and back into town, then out for some Salsa dancing. Weird that only 2 beers, mixed with a bottle and a half of water messed up my stomach for the morning, so I didn't get out this AM when the 5:40 alarm went off.

So, after work, I laced'em up, still not feeling 100% great, as my stomach let me know throughout the run, but it didn't hinder my run at all. I felt pretty good right from the start, as my legs had the most rest they'd had in a couple of weeks. From the AM yesterday to the PM today, they had no more miles on them, so the steps went by quickly. I put in a couple of goal half-marathon paced miles mid-run, then backed it off and headed back home after 2 loops of the park.

No real issues, although I could tell the right Achilles was a little fatigued...not hurting or aching, just didn't have much spring to it. I could feel myself unable to get much power from my right leg, especially during the faster miles. All in all, though, good run.

Also, I've modified my schedule, from the Bellaire Trolley Run on Saturday to running Angie's Half-Crazy Half Marathon on Sunday, on the suggestion of Coach. He suggested that while I'd run a good time @ the Trolley Run, with what I'm training to do and how I'm running right now, the Half might be better suited. So, we've gotten it worked out and I'll be heading down to UH Clear Lake on Sunday morning for a good push at a hard half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment